Drdar’s women empowerment session was focusing on taking stock of the progress made in pursuit of the 8 HOD’s principles, which are:
- Transformation for non-sexism
- Establishing a policy environment
- Meeting equity targets
- Creating an enabling environment
- Gender mainstreaming
- Empowerment of women
- Providing adequate resources
- Accountability, monitoring and evaluation.
All this is done to ensure that women empowerment policies and programmes support women in the Department. Women play an important role in the planning and implementation of the programmes of the Department.
Female employees of the Department were participating in this important programme that was held in the Nelson Mandela Bay Metro.